Ballard Power Systems announced that it has been invited to join the internationally-recognized World Hydrogen Council as a supporting member. The Hydrogen Council is a global CEO-level advisory body providing long-term vision on the important role of hydrogen technologies toward an energy transition.
As the first global initiative of its kind, the Hydrogen Council was launched at the World Economic Forum 2017, in Davos, Switzerland.
The objectives of the Hydrogen Council are to:
– Increase visibility of hydrogen solutions currently available and the progress that has been made in this regard;
– Advocate for the important role of hydrogen technologies in helping meet climate goals, energy security and competitiveness targets;
– Work towards better deployment conditions;
– Work with and provide recommendations to key stakeholders, such as policy makers, the business community, international agencies and civil society.
The World Hydrogen Council is currently comprised of CEOs from these member companies : Air Liquide, Alstom, Anglo American, Audi, BMW GROUP, Daimler, ENGIE, Honda, Hyundai, Iwatani, Kawasaki, Plastic Omnium, Shell, The Linde Group, Total, Toyota and now Ballard.
Do you want to learn more about Ballard? Then our latest articles about the company should interest you. You can access all our articles written about Ballard here.
PS: You can sign up to our newsletters to follow the latest hydrogen news on a more regular basis:
– “Your hydrogen news live” (to receive all our articles as soon as they are published) and
– “Your weekly newsletter” (sent every Monday morning).
Are you a LinkedIn user who would like to follow the latest hydrogen news on a more regular basis? Then our LinkedIn weekly newsletter may be what you’re looking for. You can subscribe to it here.